Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike has notified the Rivers State House of Assembly of the suspension of 12 Local Government Council Chairmen.
Governor Wike in a letter to the Speaker of the Rivers State House of Assembly titled: "Notice of Suspension of the Chairmen of Twelve Local Government Concil Chairmen " premised his action on Section 64 (3) of the Rivers State Local Government Law No. 5 of 2018
He wrote: "I hereby Serve you notice of the suspension of the following twelve Local Government Council Chairmen for security reasons for approval and ratification".
He listed the following Council Chairmen:
1. Hon. Philemon Kingolo (Okrika)
2. Hon Tom Aliezi (Emohua)
3. Daniel E.O. Daniel (Abua/Odual)
4. Hon Tony Phimoore (Degema)
5. Hon. Lahteh Loolo (Khana)
6. Hon. Paul Kobani (Gokana)
7. Hon. Ben Eke (Ahoada East)
8. Hon Samuel Nwanosike (Ikwerre)
9. Hon. Philip Okparaji (Ikwerre)
10. Paul L Paul (Andoni)
11. Christian Nwaiwu (Omuma)
12. Hon Erasmus Victor (Ogu/Bolo).
The Governor informed the State Assembly that in accordance with proviso (a) to Section 64 (3) of the Rivers State Government Law of 2018, he has directed the Vice Chairmen of the mentioned Local Government Councils to act during the period of suspension.